What is Westwood Ventures?
The smartest, simplest way for UCLA alums to add venture capital to their portfolio. We are also…
- A full-time alumni investment team
- An Investment Committee with over 250 years of investing experience
- Fast growing community of 6k alumni followers
- The only fund of its kind for UCLA alumni
- Private, for-profit, and not officially sanctioned by the university
Follow the Fund
“My portfolio is in good shape: I had stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and even some real estate investments. But I had a big hole when it came to venture investing. Through a classmate, I learned about AVG’s approach, and it just made sense. It feels good to know that I’ve got this part of my portfolio covered too.”
“I had a large nest egg in my retirement account. AVG was the perfect investment vehicle to do something new, alternative, and to further diversify my personal portfolio. I also appreciate the secure online investor portal that provides me with interesting details and news on the companies which I’m invested in.”
Why Invest in Venture Capital?
Consistently Strong Returns
Benefits of Venture Investing
Your chance to invest like an insider in game-changing innovation.
Participate in huge value creation pre-IPO and pre-acquisition.
Higher quality investment opportunities than angel investing or going it alone.
VC is not tied to the stock market, offering diversification during a downturn.
Invest directly in your interests: seed-stage startups, social impact, women entrepreneurs and more.
Smart, Simple Venture Investing
Diversified Venture Portfolio
20 – 30 investments per fund, diversified by stage, sector, and geography
Co-Invest with Strong Lead Investors
We only invest when a strong, established investor (often a fellow alum) is leading the financing
Deal Access via Alumni Connections
Entrepreneurial teams desire our investment because we provide a meaningful check, low friction, and have a large rolodex
The leading venture capital firms are provided for illustrative purposes only; there is no guarantee that any fund will invest alongside of any other venture capital firm.
How does Westwood Ventures assemble a great portfolio for me?
- Full-time investment team wakes up every morning dedicated to delivering a diverse portfolio to investors
- An Investment Committee of with over 250 years of investing experience
- We use our UCLA alumni and broader Alumni Ventures Group network to access deals that simply are not available to most individuals
- We only invest in deals with a strong lead investor with sector expertise, efficiently combining their due diligence with our own
“I am in technology in SF, so I have a pretty good venture portfolio around things I know well. I don’t see much outside of the Bay Area and my sector however. My alumni fund was a great way to get a more diversified portfolio, and I enjoy being part of a group of classmates investing together.”
“We’ve been really lucky and participating in the fund was a great way to pay it forward. Both of us were helped by fellow alums at many key points of our lives. And frankly, we just need more people out there creating solutions to society’s key problems. I feel an obligation to do my part.”