What is Nassau Street Ventures?
The smartest, simplest way for Princeton alums to add venture capital to their portfolios. We are also…
- A community of investors and entrepreneurs passionate about innovation in our alumni ecosystem
- A unique opportunity for individual investors like you to invest in venture deals alongside the world’s top VC firms
- One of 25 funds in the Alumni Ventures Group network, which includes funds for alumni of all the Ivies
- A management team supported by over 30 investment professionals at AVG
- Private, for-profit, and not officially sanctioned by the university
Follow the Fund
Executive Director, Princeton Entrepreneurial Council
“I am very pleased to have Nassau Street Ventures supporting Princeton Alumni founders. Tom Meyer is actively engaging with Princeton’s alumni – offering advice, connections and funding. He is an example of why the Princeton entrepreneurship ecosystem is blooming.”
Why Invest in Venture Capital?
Consistently Strong Returns
Benefits of Venture Investing
Your chance to invest like an insider in game-changing innovation.
Participate in huge value creation pre-IPO and pre-acquisition.
Higher quality investment opportunities than angel investing or going it alone.
VC is not tied to the stock market, offering diversification during a downturn.
Invest directly in your interests: seed-stage startups, social impact, women entrepreneurs and more.
Smart, Simple Venture Investing
Diversified Venture Portfolio
15 – 30 investments per fund, diversified by stage, sector, and geography
Co-Invest with Strong Lead Investors
We only invest when a strong, established investor (often a fellow alum) is leading the financing
Deal Access via Alumni Connections
Entrepreneurial teams desire our investment because we are a meaningful check, low friction, and have a large rolodex
The leading venture capital firms are provided for illustrative purposes only; there is no guarantee that any fund will invest alongside of any other venture capital firm.
How does Nassau Street Ventures assemble a great portfolio for me?
- Full-time investment team wakes up every morning dedicated to delivering a diverse portfolio to investors
- An Investment Committee with over 250 years of investing experience
- We use our Princeton alumni and the broad Alumni Ventures Group network to access deals that simply are not available to most individuals
- We only invest in deals with a strong lead investor with sector expertise, combining their due diligence with our own
“I am in technology in SF, so I have a pretty good venture portfolio around things I know well. I don’t see much outside of the Bay Area and my sector however. My alumni fund was a great way to get a more diversified portfolio, and I enjoy being part of a group of classmates investing together.”
“We’ve been really lucky and participating in the fund was a great way to pay it forward. Both of us were helped by fellow alums at many key points of our lives. And frankly, we just need more people out there creating solutions to society’s key problems. I feel an obligation to do my part.”