Venture investing in companies addressing Covid-19 near- and long-term impacts
We invest in ventures that are both promising businesses and either directly or indirectly address the multiple impacts of the virus in healthcare, technology, services, data monitoring and analysis, learning, payments, communications, entertainment, and much more.
- The Covid-19 global pandemic is going to change our world – forever – with numerous industries reshaped, priorities shifted, and unicorns created
- Great unicorn companies are created in times of upheaval
- Many of the Q1 best-funded venture rounds went to companies that are addressing coronavirus problems and opportunities (PitchBook, Best-funded Startups in Q1)
- AVG is already seeing companies in our portfolio flexing to address the cornoavirus impacts, including Kinsa, Dataminr, Freshly, Tembo Health, Oura, SonderMind, Heal, RapidSOS, E25Bio, and many others
How It Works
Data-driven and process-based investors
Deal Sourcing and Diligence
- ~50 investment professionals sourcing deals out of 5 offices
- Supplemented by eyes and ears support from our network of 500k subscribers and community members
- Data-rich and process-based diligence with rigorous deal scoring
- Co-invest alongside leading venture investors
- Every deal sourced by one of our Alumni Funds is screened to determine if it fits within the Covid-19 Fund investment mandate
- AVG’s centralized investment team, led by our CIO and office of investing, makes investment selections from the potential deals to optimize diversification by stage, sector, and geography to create a portfolio of ~20-30 deals
- Covid-19 portfolios are constructed over a period of approximately 6-18 months and represent a mix of deals sourced and sponsored by our Alumni Funds
Smart, Simple Venture Investing
Open to All Accredited Investors
- Portfolio consists of ~20-30 companies, diversified by stage, sector, and geography within the investment mandate
- Venture portfolio professionally managed by our experienced investment professionals
- Co-invest alongside established venture investors
- $10K minimum investment
- Online signing process takes just minutes
- White-glove support from our Investor Relations team
Sample Deals from AVG's Portfolio Fitting Fund Thesis
Made possible by our ~50 investment professionals and network of 500k subscribers and community members
Co-investing alongside leading investors
Our Secret Sauce
Powerful deal flow network
500k suscribers and community members engaged in our venture ecosystem.
MOST ACTIVE VC FIRM
AVG was recognized by PitchBook as the third most active VC firm in the U.S. in 2019.
Invest in deals most individuals never know about or get access to.